- for Climate Change mitigation and Poverty Reduction -
- BY RDIS ORGANISATION, RWANDA, 23/03/2019
The Anglican Church of Rwanda, dioceses of Butare, Cyangugu, Kigeme and Shyogwe via the Rural Development Inter-diocesan Service (RDIS) is implementing successfully a number of interventions for promoting sustainable and holistic development of the people, for example by initiating projects for environmental protection, income generation and modern farming.
Among the issues that challenge the environment in Rwanda is the wide use of open firewood stoves for cooking and for boiling drinking water. This led to the design and implementation of a project for improving living standards of households and reducing the strain on natural resources through the distribution of Improved Cook Stoves and Ceramic Water Filters. The title of this Carbon Project is: Carbon Credits for Emission Reduction (CCER).
RDIS organisation with support from United Evangelical Mission (UEM) and Klima-Kollekte has produced this promotional video film for the CCER project to promote it to the audiences in Rwanda, in Germany and elsewhere.
The aim of the film is to enable the audiences to understand the idea of the project and to be convinced that buying emission certificates from this project does not only reduce the CO2 emissions from cooking, but also reduces poverty and contributes to the people’s health, as there is less smoke in the respective houses.
In addition, the film calls for Churches, Organizations and private people to tackle Climate Change by compensating their emissions. With the help of the voluntary carbon market, private companies and organizations can directly support climate protection projects such as RDIS Project for Supplying Improved Cook Stoves in Rwanda.
The Chairman of RDIS organization Bishop Nathan Gasatura when he was interviewed during the filming activity, he made a call to everyone to "Help Stop Global Warming by promoting use of Improved Cook Stoves, which are supplied by RDIS in collaboration with Klima-Kollekte and United Evangelical Mission (UEM)".
You may also read,
Links to the films on our YouTube channel:English Version, about 4 minutes:
https://youtu.be/xiRNUNsb46MKinyarwanda Version, about 4 minutes:
https://youtu.be/X1KBzyVwr_8German version, about 4 minutes:
- this page in Kinyarwanda: FILIME YEREKEYE UMUSHINGA WA RDIS WO GUKWIRAKWIZA AMASHYIGA AGABANYA IBICANWA MU RWANDA HAGAMIJWE GUHANGANA N'INGARUKA Z’IMIHINDAGURIKIRE Y'IKIRERE NO KURWANYA UBUKENE
- this page in German: Tragen Sie zur CO2-Emissionsreduzierung bei, indem Sie die Verbreitung der verbesserten Kochöfen von RDIS unterstützen!
- this page in English: A Film about RDIS Project for Supplying Improved Cook Stoves in Rwanda
- Kinyarwanda version: RDIS_Improved-Cook-Stoves_Rwanda_LONG-KINYARWANDA_04-2019std.mp4
- English version: RDIS_Improved-Cook-Stoves_Rwanda_LONG-ENGLISH_04-2019.mp4
- German version: RDIS_Improved-Cook-Stoves_Rwanda_LONG-GERMAN_04-2019.mp4
For more information, visit us:
Makera Cell, Cyeza Sector, Muhanga, Rwanda